1. Today, most people get married and give birth in their thirties rather than when they are younger. Is this a positive or negative development?
2. Shops should give preference in selling local food rather than imported food. Do you agree or disagree?
3. Growing population is a big problem in developing countries. Should the government provide new homes in the cities or countryside?
4. Some people think that the media (newspapers) have the right to publish details of people’s private lives, while others think it should be controlled. Discuss both views.
5. Some people think that activities during the free-time should be planned while others disagree. Discuss both sides and include examples and relevant data from your own experience.
6. In some countries an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as a result of eating too much fast food. It is therefore necessary for governments to impose a higher tax on this kind of food? To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? You should use your own ideas, knowledge and experience and support your arguments with examples and relevant evidence.
7. Today more people are overweight than ever before. What in your opinion are the primary causes of this? What measures can be taken to overcome this epidemic?
8. In most parts of the world people are living longer. What are the possible causes of this situation? Is this a negative or positive development?
9. Today, the internet and TV have created that chance for ordinary people to become famous. Is it a positive or negative development?
10. Nowadays food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Give reasons for your answer using your own ideas and experience.
11. Nowadays many people believe that children should be taught history in schools, however, others argue that children should learn subjects that are more helpful for modern everyday life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
12. Some parents believe that a child should not waste time by reading entertainment books, instead they should spend time to read educational books only. What is your opinion about this?
13. Some people think that young children need to attend nursery before primary school. While others believe young children can spend all day at home. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
14. Some people believe school children should be given multiple short vacations while others believe they should get one long vacation. Give advantages of both and your point of view.
15. Some people think that the advantages of advertising sports products through famous sports players outweigh the disadvantages. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
16. In our society, there is far more attention on men’s sport than women’s sport. What are the reasons for this? Do you think that this is positive or negative development?
17. It has been said that reading for pleasure is better in developing imagination and language skills than watching TV. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
18. Advertisements are influencing us in a negative way. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
19. School teachers are more responsible for the social and intellectual development of students than parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
20. Some people spend a lot of money for their wedding ceremonies. However, others feel like it is unnecessary to spend a lot. Discuss both view points and give your own opinion.
21. Since traveling abroad became relatively inexpensive, more countries opened their doors for foreign tourists. Is it a positive or negative trend? Give your opinion and include relevant examples.
22. Many countries consider eighteen year olds to be adults, while other countries don’t. What do you think about it? Give your opinion and some relevant examples based on your own experience.